Fred Ley & Sons was formed in 1830 and was initially known as
'Popyl-y-Tatws' which is welsh for 'The Potato People'.
Fred Ley & sons have been connected with the commodity right from the early days, but have progressed with supplies from
all over the world to quite rightly call
ourselves 'The Fresh Produce Specialists'.
We pioneered early imports from Jersey, Brittany and Ireland, even having our own warehouse for the latter country at
The warehouse pictured above was moved into in 1904 and enjoyed a long and successful era, before fire destroyed the
premises in the mid 1980's.
With the commitment of the generations of Leys before them, Fred Ley moved into new premises continuing our great service to the industry.